The Institute is active in international networks on issues of development, environment and culture. The Institute has special
consultative status with UN-ECOSOC and is a founding member of the International Centre for Local and Regional Development
in Ireland. In addition, I2UD participates in the following urban development networks:
I2UD actively participates in these international networks to influence policy making on urban development and build capacity in managing cities around the world. Recent activities include:
- Presented research findings on resilience of informal settlements in Latin America and discussed the relationship between density and urban equity at the 7th World Urban Forum in Medellin
- Presented on urban service delivery to officials at the 3rd Forum of Local and Regional Authorities of the Mediterranean on Democratic Governance
- Introduced the State of Arab Cities Report 2012 at the 22nd Session of the Governing Council of the United Nations Human Settlements Programme (UN-HABITAT) in Nairobi
- Featured speaker at the Fifth World Urban Forum of the United Nations in Rio de Janeiro in 2010
- Keynote speaker at the 46th Congress of the International Society of City and Regional Planners (ISOCARP) on planning strategies for sustainable development in cities in developing countries
- Hosted luncheon with North African and Near East delegates from the U.S. Department of State’s International Leadership Program to discuss cultural heritage preservation
In our research, we partner with a number of other organizations to including the Stockholm Environment Institute and the Center for Cross-Border Studies. We also partner with consulting and design companies in implementing international development contracts. If you are interested in working with us, we welcome you to contact us.
The Institute’s network extends to staff, consultants, city management practitioners and ministerial officials around the world.